Green Communities Canada seeks a Communications Coordinator to help meet our goals for Ontario Active School Travel, a new province-wide program funded by the Government of Ontario. See: http://www.saferoutestoschool.ca/funding-for-ontario-active-school-travel/.
The Communications Coordinator will work in a dynamic mission-driven team environment, reporting to the Executive Director. The position will be based at the Green Communities Canada office in Peterborough, Ontario. Some overnight travel required.
The Communications Coordinator will take a leading role in implementing our communications plan, which outlines key messages, target audiences, and tools. Activities will include:
- writing, editing
- design, production, distribution of communications materials, newsletters
- website maintenance
- development of photographs, infographics, video content
- social media
- list maintenance (CRM), information management and reporting
- other activities as assigned.
The successful candidate will have
- excellent writing and editing skills
- at least two years work experience in communications
- demonstrated multimedia skills, including working knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, MS office, social media
- ability to work in a team
- French bilingualism an asset
The position will be full time (.8 to 1.0), with some flexibility of work hours consistent with timely delivery of high quality work products. Annual salary $40-$50K commensurate with skills and experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due Thursday 15 February 2018. All qualified candidates are welcome to apply.